Saturday, 5 January 2013

Hey you guuuyyyyyyyys

Well Well Well. This was a bit of a mammoth project but it was defo worth the effort. Pip and Nicky asked me to make a baby blanket for their Goonies loving chum's new arrival. I foolishly started making tit in chunky yarn with 6mm needles - it turned into a monster, more of a blanket for a single bed rather than a little bubby.

I decided to make it as one main piece with the required motif plus top and bottom sections of patchwork in different textures. This worked out quite well as I could do the patchwork part on the move. 

And here is how it grew - 

To finish it off I added a crochet border with my new skillz.

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment