Tuesday 23 November 2010

I've got a habit

This guerrilla knitting is addictive! I'm now constantly on the lookout of a well positioned lamppost that could do with a lil bit on wool wrapped around it. Have also extended my repertoire to Pacman Ghosties!

Met up with Siany JP and Tony last weekend in the Prince of Wales on the G road for afternoon drinks before Strictly. While it was nice hanging out with friends we were thoroughly peed off by the clan of idiots who tried to push us off our table and were generally being a nuisance. There was a silver lining though - managed to put a Space Invader up (with the help of Big T's long arms) outside the pub. This is a busy spot, not sure if its still there but will be up that way this weekend to check.
And my accomplice...While I was sewing it up some French ladies came over and took a pic and congratulated me - Oh I was super chuffted.


The next day we all went on a lovely trip to Bradford on Avon. Very lovely it was too. Bradford is a little to quaint for the sort of yarn bombing I do, so we saved this little number until we got back to Brizzle. On the walk home through Queens Square, my first Pacman Ghostie went up (again with the help Tony). Now this is quite a busy spot so I imagine it won't last long, in fact when I went past yesterday morning it had been stretched and was right at the bottom of the lamppost. I defiantly pushed it backup!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh this was you! My husband rang me in work to tell me about the space invader outside the P.O.W. I even took a detour on my way home to see it. I was even going to do a post about it this weekend. Congratulations, they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Ta Jade, thats super nice of you. I'm going to be making some new characters over the next few weeks and hope to have the up and about my Crimbo.

    ReplyDelete