Sunday 22 May 2011

Lazy Sunday afternoon with the Audreys

Everyone knows I frakking love knitting. I do however find the making up and sewing that is invariably associated with knitting a bit of a bore. Sewing is something you really have to concentrate on.  I knit while watching tv, on the bus and train, while out with chums, even at music festivals dag namit, but sewing and making up are a sit down, eyes down jobs.

Anyways, I was determined to tidy up the space around my knitting box this weekend, which meant cracking on with the unfinished loitering projects.

I was asked back in February to make two Audreys for Annalisa at work’s daughters. I finished knitting their little bods well over 2 months ago, but avoided finishing their outfits by distracting myself with new knitting projects. Although it took me most of Sunday sat on the sofa in my jimjams, the ladies are finally done.





The pattern is from the knitted icons book Chlo got me for Crimbo. Unfortunately I had to spend a fair bit of time making alterations to the dress as the pattern in the book didn’t quite seem to work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment